Reasons Why Maintaining Elevator Service is Importance
Elevators are an important part of our lives. It makes our life easier; let us work and go to different floors faster, allows us to transport goods with ease and helps us feel comfortable and relax all throughout the ride.
Even though we don’t notice it, elevators require consistent maintenance services and upgrades. Experts recommend that elevators should be checked and maintained twice a year. With these scheduled maintenance, trained elevator specialists would investigate if all the components of the elevator are functioning properly.
Factors to Consider When Hiring an Elevator Service Company
If you’re considering hiring a company, there are a couple of factors that you should consider. These factors will depend on how good the company is and how professional they are in their business. Here are the factors that you should think about:
- Cost: Most of the companies that offer elevator service have the same rate when it comes to repairing or maintaining elevators. It may only vary when these professional are fixing damages from different types and kinds of elevators. The key to hiring a company is basing it with their affordable price as well as offering high quality service.
- Customer service: It’s important to hire an elevator service Los Angeles that gives immediate action if ever an emergency happens. The best choice for you when basing it on customer service is if the company has a 24/7 service time.
- High reputation: Client testimonials and reviews are very important for anyone who would like to hire an elevator service Orange County. If you’re not sure what company to hire, then these reviews can help you sort out the good companies from the great one. Reputable firms will offer high quality service to all their clients.
- Warranty: There are companies that offer a warranty with the services that they do. Some professionals will offer months of warranty wherein if ever the elevator will be broken within the given months, they will offer free repairs and service in the future.
Contracting an Elevator Service Company
With all the companies out there that offer maintenance of elevators, there are many different ways on how you can make a contract with them. Some people will research first to ensure that they are doing the right thing and covering all the tracks.
Here are some of the things that you should cover when making a contract with elevator maintenance Los Angeles:
- Coverage of the contract: There are two types of contracts when dealing with elevator services, these are: Full Maintenance (FM) and Limited Service (LS). Full maintenance covers all the routine maintenance, labor for maintaining the wear and tear of the elevator and all the parts that should be covered. Limited Service covers routine services, but doesn’t do any callback repairs which is will be covered separately to you.
- Visiting frequency: This can depend on what type of elevator you have. You can decide with the company on your agreement for the required guarantee visits.
- Billable rates: It’s advisable that you always check the rates of the companies so that you won’t be surprised with your possible bill. There are, however, specific services that require a separate bill, so ensure that you and the company understand each other.
- Volume discounting: If you have a huge building and have multiple elevators, then there’s a chance that you can get discounts for this. Never be afraid to ask the company for your options.
- Term: The upfront cost may depend on how long you will be using the company for their elevator service. If you require the company to do multiple maintenance work for future times, then FM contract is the best choice for you.
What to Do If You Get Stuck in the Elevator
Although riding an elevator is a very safe experience, there are numerous cases wherein people can get stuck in between floors. If ever you happen to get stuck in an elevator, these are the best things that you can do in order to get out of this situation.
- Stay calm – Nothing will happen if you panic in this kind of situation. It is best that you stay calm, manage your breathing and think wisely about your actions.
- Find a light source – There are times wherein the lights of the elevator are turned off, you can use your cell phone as a light while you get a good look at your surroundings.
- Call for help – There’s usually a call button inside the elevator for emergency purposes. Press this can call the elevator service maintenance department so that they’ll know about your situation. If no one answers your call, use your phone to inform the 911 or your friends. You can also shout for help so that people outside can hear you. Tap the door using your keys, shoes or other objects.
- Press buttons – In certain cases, the open or close button gets stuck. Try pressing the open button first to check if the door will open. If nothing happens, try pressing the close button. If there’s still no response, try pressing the button number of the floor you’re stuck in.
- Wait for the elevator service – The maintenance department will usually notice in an instance if the elevator gets stuck. If all your other options did not work, it’s best that you wait for help.